Application: Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project
A strategic management system is an ongoing organizational design or arrangement for strategically managing the implementation of “agreed-upon” strategies, assessing the performance of these strategies, and formulating new or revised strategies (Bryson, 2018). This week, you are asked to construct a strategic management system for the town of Masachapa’s Revitalizing Masachapa Project.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Week 9 information in the Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project multimedia.
- Review Chapter 10 in Bryson (2018).
- Consider the relationships between the Strategy Change Cycle and the strategic management system.
The Assignment (3–4 pages):
You are to develop a strategic management system for the town of Masachapa’s RMP, using one of the approaches provided in Chapter 10 of Bryson (2018). Your strategic management system should analyze key action guidelines relevant to the town of Masachapa’s strategic management system, providing at least two of each of the following:
- General guidelines
- Strategy maintenance guidelines
- Strategy change guidelines
- Strategy termination guidelines
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. Use APA style for this and all assignments.
- ryson, J. M. (2018). Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations: A guide to strengthening and sustaining organizational achievement (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chapter 10, “Reassessing and Revising Strategies and Plans” (pp. 321-349)
- Eppler, M. J., & Platts, K. W. (2009). Visual strategizing: The systematic use of visualization in the strategic-planning process. Long Range Planning, 42(1), 42–74.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Laureate Education (Producer). (2014). Virtual city: Revitalizing Masachapa Project [Multimedia file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Please click on the following link for the transcript: Program Transcript (PDF)
As you review the Week 9 information in the Virtual City, consider how you might build a strategic management system for the Revitalizing Masachapa Project.