2.What is the difference between a hostile takeover and a merger?
3. What valuable service do dealers provide that facilitates transaction trading and keeping the markets liquid?
4. Is it possible to make money if you know that the price of a security will fall in the future? How?
5. Suppose the issue of 5,000,000 shares of stock was originally oversubscribed at a price of $15 per share. Calculate the money “left on the table” if you realize that the stock could have been priced at $17.5 per share.
6. Xavi decides to short sell 10,000 shares of Guiness Co. stock, currently trading at $7.00 per share. Determine Xavi’s profits if Guiness stock trades at $5.00 per share at the moment in which Xavi has to buy the shares back.
7. In initial public offerings (IPOs), securities are sold to the public for the first time. Go to http://www .renaissancecapital.com/ipohome/marketwatch .aspx. This site lists various statistics regarding the IPO market.