Original work only please.
No video – Complete the paper and PowerPoint please.
Please see the attached Rubric.
According to the textbook, ongoing challenges in the global business
environment are mostly attributed to unethical business practices, failure to
embrace technology advancements, and stiff competition among businesses. Imagine
that you have been appointed as Apple’s Chief Compliance Officer and must
prepare a video presentation for Apple’s suppliers regarding Apple’s Supplier
Code of Conduct to deliver via a web meeting. To prepare for your presentation,
review Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct, located at https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/. Next, use a
tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a
maximum of a five to seven (5-7) minute dynamic video on Apple’s Code of
Conduct. Alternatively, you may submit a four to six (4-6) page paper instead of
the video submission. The PowerPoint presentation is still required with the paper.
You must submit both parts of the assignment to receive full credit.
Part 1: Video Presentation OR Paper
Prepare and present a video that is a maximum of five to seven (5-7) minutes
OR write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- List specific changes that Apple has made to its Code of Conduct in recent
years. Provide at least one (1) example of each change.
- Explain the identified changes to the suppliers in such a way that they will
understand the standards that Apple requires in order to maintain their
relationship with the company.
Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a six to eight (6-8) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Summarize Apple’s Supplier Responsibility information.
- Discuss Apple’s stance on each of the following areas:
- Empowering workers
- Labor and Human Rights
- Health and Safety
- The Environment
- Identify the key ways that Apple’s Progress Report has changed since last
- Examine the manner in which Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct helps the
organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
- Provide detailed speaker notes of what you would say if you were delivering
- Submit a reference page with at least two (2) quality references that you
have used for this presentation / paper. Note: Wikipedia and
other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your PowerPoint presentation must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and three to
four (3-4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring
that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title and
reference slides are not included in the required slide length.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Evaluate the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural,
and technological forces on business and society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing