PPQ Parts has determined that for the company to expand globally over
the next several years, its managers must be properly trained in
multiculturalism and diversity management. PPQ Parts executives must be
aware of any political and economic concerns that may arise during the
You have held conversations with Precision Part’s leaders and
obtained the following information, which you want to use in the
development of a 4-year strategic management plan.
- PPQ Parts employees now number 5,000, and all are currently employed
in the United States. It plans to grow to 10,000 employees in 4 years.
- New facilities will be needed in international expansion, and
PPQ Parts anticipates building most of those (80%) outside the United
PPQ Parts holds 5% of the world market share on small SUVs, but its goal is 9% in 4 years.
- Current stock price is $10 per share. The goal is $22 a share.
Profit margin 3-year average is 6%. Industry average during this time has also been 6%. The company goal is 13% in 4 years.
- PPQ Parts has averaged 28% employee turnover during the last 3
years. This is compared to an industry average of 25%. The goal of the
company is to increase employee retention by lowering annual turnover to
- PPQ Parts contributes to all the local communities in which it
is doing business. This is one of its corporate values. Current charity
is 0.5% of total profits, but the company would like to raise that to 5%
in 4 years.
A strategic management plan is vital for the company business today.
Review the company scenario at the beginning of the course for
additional information regarding growth goals. Create a basic strategic
management plan for PPQ Parts including quantifiable goals and
measures. Include the following in your report:
- Provide environmental scanning of current conditions in the area of
expansion including economy, competition, political stability, and so
- Address internal resource analysis such as managerial and financial strengths and weaknesses.
- Please include short-term and long-term strategic goals.
- Location consideration for implementation is vital. Please
explain the benefits and limitations for expansion in your chosen area.