Module 3 – SLP
SCHEDULING: THE TRAVELING SALESMAN PROBLEM
The fundamental reference for all four SLP assignments is the Continuous Process Improvement Transformation Guidebook. You should acquaint yourself with its contents before beginning the first SLP, refer to it throughout the course, and cite relevant portions as you prepare each SLP assignment.
This SLP assignment continues the analysis of the process described in the SLP assignments in Modules 1 and 2. For this assignment, please write an essay describing:
- The Change Champion. This is the person or group (ideally, a small group) responsible for the continuous improvement of the target process.
- The Steering Committee. This is the group that provides “technical expertise and consistency of approach” (DoD CPI, 2006). Who should be on the Steering Committee overseeing the continuous improvement of the target process, and what would they offer the Change Champion? If a Steering Committee is not needed, explain in detail.
- The Support Teams and Working Groups. These groups provide specific expertise in support of the improvement project, and implement specific aspects of the improvement project. Describe the composition and function of these groups within the context of your improvement initiative. If they are not needed, explain in detail.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- There are no page limits. Write what you need to write, neither more nor less. Make each sentence count! (Having said that; it’s unlikely that one page would be enough, and very likely that eight pages would be too much.)
- Ensure that your answer reflects your detailed understanding of the theory and techniques taught in this module.
- References and citations are required. This requirement can be satisfied by citing the module Home page, and (for the SLP) the DOD CPI Guidebook.
- Follow the instructions in the Writing Style Guide.