- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Please read the integrative case study entitled as “IT ISN’T SO SIMPLE: INFRASTRUCTURE CHANGE AT ROYCE CONSULTING.” available in the textbook “Organization Theory and Design” 11th edition by Daft, R. and answer the following questions:
Department of Business Administration
Organization Design and Development- MGT 404
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the basic functioning of organizational design approaches and models. (Lo 1.1)
- Identify the different elements and issues of organizations development and creating the need for change. (Lo 1.2 & 2.4)
- Be sure to use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed references in support of each answer and also incorporate the key concepts from the course.
- This Assignment comprise of a Case study.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
- Q.1 Based on your understanding of Lewin’s planned change model, explain how could the partners of Royce Consulting convince its managers to accept the “hoteling” system regarding the assignment of offices? (2 Marks). (Lo 1.1)
- Q.2 Discuss how the organizational culture of Royce Consulting can impede or support the decision for the required changes? (1.5 Marks) (Lo 1.2 & 2.4)
- Q.3 Based on your analysis, what would you predict will be the outcome if the partners proceed with the plan? (1.5 Marks) (Lo 1.2 & 2.4)