In the previous two weeks we’ve looked at the elements of art and principles of design, as well as different ways in which art might be evaluated. In this project I’d like you to visit the art museum and find a piece of art to evaluate. The art piece you choose may be a piece you like, or hate, or have questions about.
Things to include:
- Who made the work?
- What is the medium, dimensions and date of the piece?
- Describe what the work looks like.
- Why did you choose this work of art.?
- What do you think the artist is trying to communicate, and if there is an artist statement describing their intent, do you think they were successful?
- What are some of the elements of art and principles of design that make the piece either successful or not?
The review should be a minimum of 300 words, double-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
The review needs to be printed out along with an image of the artwork (color photocopy is fine).