First, take the Meyer’s Briggs Personality Test (MBTI).
Next, answer one of the following discussion questions.
- What skills do you think are more important for IT project managers to possess – strong technical skills or strong communication skills?
- This class is an example of virtual teams working together to complete a project (your case studies). Virtual team interaction and communication is different than traditional face-to-face communication. Discuss these differences. You might provide a list of 3-5 “things to do” and “things to avoid” to improve project communications.
- Take a few minutes to think about your past managers. Who was your best manager? Who was your worst manager? Now look at the skills of each one, what made the best manager the best – what skills stand out? What made the worst manager the worst – what skills were they lacking?
- Discuss the changes in the job market for IT workers. How does the job market and current state of the economy affect human resource management?
- Do you think everyone can easily be a team player? What types of people have more difficulty being team players? What can a PM do to promote good team player behavior?
2 OR MORE ONLINE REFERENCES ONLY