For this two-part assessment, using a provided scenario create 1) a promotional brochure for an educational trip geared toward helping participants learn about a different religion and 2) a 4–6-page workshop summary about the interplay of Christianity, a chosen religion, and globalism.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe essential features of world religions.
- Describe basic elements of a religion to inform about its essence.
- Create a brochure that includes an itinerary of studies that accurately depicts the sacred, mythological, and ritualistic elements of a religion.
- Create a workshop summary that accurately details elements of a religion.
- Competency 2: Compare and contrast religious traditions.
- Compare religions using the lenses of myth, ritual, and the sacred.
- Competency 3: Analyze the relationship between culture and religion.
- Discuss current issues facing a religion that are associated with globalism.
- Competency 4: Apply objective methodologies to the study of world religions.
- Discuss one’s own reasons why a religious study is intriguing or important.