First, acquire and read the following article:
Barry, A. E., Howell, S. M., Riplinger, A., & Piazza-Gardner, A. K. (2015). Alcohol use among college athletes: Do intercollegiate, club, or intramural student athletes drink differently? Substance Use & Misuse, 50, 302-307. doi:10.3109/10826084.2014.977398
Then, after reading the article, answer the following:
- Based on what you learned in Chapter 7, what kinds of questions were included in the survey? List three questions from the survey and tell me what types of questions they are (e.g., attitudes and behaviors, close-ended).
- How and when was the survey administered? Was the survey conducted via a Web-based survey or a paper-based survey?
- Did the researchers use probability sampling or non-probability sampling? What type? What was the final sample size?
- Provide the demographic profile of the sample (average age, racial/ethnic breakdown, etc). You can copy and paste this information.
- Evaluate the sampling strategy: Do you think that sample can be generalized to the entire population of U.S. college students? Why or why not?
I will post the link to chapter 7 lecture as well, so you can get a sense of what chapter 7 is about, but you have to read the article above and answer all 5 of the questions.