SRM320: Org. & Admin. of Sports & Recreation Management (BNN1444A)
Focus of the Program Proposal
a proposal for creating a sports or recreation program. The program may
be of whatever type you choose (public, private, community, high
school, collegiate, youth, adult, semi-professional, professional,
sports, fitness, competitive, recreational). Focus on the management
aspects of the program and demonstrate the concepts learned throughout
the course. Design the program based on the chapters covered in the
course textbook, the topics from the weekly discussions, the standards
of operation in the sports and recreation industry, and your personal
experiences. Through the proposal, demonstrate a culmination of your
learning in SRM 320:
the required components of the program that you are proposing. Develop
the components from the topics covered in the course text and the weekly
- Explain why each aspect of the program is
important to the management of the program. Show critical thinking in
- Include an argument for the creation of the program. In your argument, define the benefits of participation in the program.
- Create a realistic budget for the program. Use applicable research in preparing the budget.
integrative learning in outlining the components of the program, their
importance and why the program should be developed. Integrate research
from the course text, other academically appropriate resources, and
Include eight to ten pages of
written content, in addition to the title page and references page.
Format according to APA standards and include a minimum of three
scholarly sources. Write clearly and organize the assignment logically,
according to academic standards.
Writing the Proposal
be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according
to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
– Title of Paper
- -Student’s name
– Course name and number
– Instructor’s name
– Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least three professional resources (beyond the textbook).
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed
according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.