A knowledge based clinical decision support system contains the rules and associations of compiled data. The knowledge base is derived through a process of translational research in which knowledge from scientific discoveries is translated into clinical applications. This evidence-based knowledge is then converted into a format understandable by computers. One such knowledge base is PubMed Central. PubMed Central (PMC)Links to an external site. is a free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
- Explore this resource using the search term “Evidence based medicine in health care”.
- Find two articles that interest you that were published within the last two years. Summarize these articles in your discussion post.
- Explore the PubMed Central website. Identify a minimum of two other resources from the site that would be beneficial in your future career .
Guided response: Your initial post should be a minimum of 200-250 words.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Sources should be cited in APA format, as outlined in the Writing Center.
- You must respond to at least two of your classmate’s posts by Day 7.
- Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.
- After reading other initial posts, identify a journal that would be beneficial to your future career and why