PRINCIPLE OF ASSESSMENT FOR REGISTERED NURSES
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING: MUST CITE!!! PROOFREAD!!!!!!!!!!! PROOFREAD!!!! BOLS THE QUESTION BEFORE THE ANSWER.
A 33-year-old Hispanic male is admitted and complains of a tingling sensation in his left leg, vertigo, and loss of balance. When you begin to perform intake history, you notice that his speech is slurred, his teeth are in need of repair, and he seems to be very drowsy.
- What other findings may you find in this individual?
- What would you think is the underlying cause of this patient’s complaint?
- How would you proceed with your assessment specifically for this patient?
BOOK AND READING:
From your course textbook, Physical Examination and Health Assessment, read the following chapters:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Neurological system
- Genomics verses Genetics
- Bedside assessment and electronic documentation
- The complete health history (genomics)
Jarvis, C. (2019). Physical examination and health assessment (8th ed.). Saunders. ISBN: 9780323510806.