Collaborative Leadership Newsletter[WLOs: 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 8, 9, and 10 from the course text New leadership for Today’s Health Care Professionals: Concepts and Cases, and Chapter 24 from the course text Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice.
As a reminder, in Weeks 1 through 4 you are producing a newsletter that covers the content discussed in each assignment. The purpose of the newsletter is to provide advice for health care leaders on how to apply the skills and concepts to similar scenarios that arise in the workplace. For each part of the assignment,
- Create an article that addresses each prompt.
Frame your articles as if you are writing to leaders in your organization.
- Review the Writing Center resource, Considering Audience Links to an external site., for information on how to do this.
- You can create a newsletter using a tool or your choosing, such as Canvas, or use the Newsletter Template Download Newsletter Template.
You can also add images or figures that are formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s resource Table, Images, and Appendices Links to an external site..
- You can find images from the websites Unsplash Links to an external site.and Pexels Links to an external site..
- These websites provide free images without attribution or commercial or non-commercial licenses. However, it is important to follow all copyright laws. You can find information on these laws by visiting the webpages Copyright Basics Links to an external site.and What is Copyright?Links to an external site.
For the assignment, you must use a minimum of three to four scholarly or credible sources that are formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. You can learn more by reviewing the resources Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.and APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site..
Part 1: Introduction and Scenario
Health care organizations continually strive to improve patient care and safety. It takes skilled, knowledgeable health care leaders to make sure that the organization is reaching their goals in this area. These leaders appreciate the importance of collaboration between departments to lessen potential difficulties.
Using the case study “Collaborative Leadership in Action Between a Physician Group and Health System” found on page 170 of New Leadership for Today’s Health Care Professionals: Concepts and Cases, address the following:
In your first newsletter article,
- Summarize the case study.
- Identify the challenges or barriers that could have impacted collaboration and communication between the parties involved in this case.
- Defend some measures that leadership can use to determine if collaboration efforts will be worthwhile.
Part 2: Introduction and Scenario
Transformational leadership is essential for employee retention and commitment. Transformational leaders understand that they cannot make long-lasting changes without the help of employees they value and respect.
Using the “The Honeysuckle Clinic” and “Transformational Leadership Model or Just a Nightmare?” case studies starting on page 103 of New Leadership for Today’s Health Care Professionals: Concepts and Cases, address the following:
In your second newsletter article,
- Summarize the case study.
- Evaluate at least one transformational leadership quality that could positively impact Honeysuckle Clinic.
- Defend methods in which transformational leadership can positively help an existing health care organization experiencing change.
Upload your Project to Folio
It is recommended that you upload your completed newsletter to Folio. For information on how to set-up and use your Folio account, check out the Folio webpage in the Student Support Center.
The Collaborative Leadership Newsletter
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including references pages) and formatted according to APA Style Links to an external site.as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word Links to an external site.guide.
Must include on the first page with the following:
- Title of the newsletter in bold font
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
Must include month and day and week number in the header of the newsletter.
- If you use the Newsletter Template, the header has already been created. Fill in the necessary information.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice Links to an external site.resource for additional guidance.
Must include an introduction paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to summarize the concepts discussed in each article.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions Links to an external site.refer to the Writing Center resource.
Must use at least three to four scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site.table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view Quick and Easy Library Research Links to an external site.tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site.resource.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site.for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Collaborative Leadership Newsletter[WLOs: 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 4, 5] Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 8, 9, and 10 from the course text New leadership for Today’s Health Care Profe
WEEK [X] INSERT TITLE [Your Name] [Course Code] [Instructor] [Date] This Week’s Articles INSERT TITLE OF ARTICLE 1 INSERT TITLE OF ARTICLE 2 Introduction Type your text here. [Insert Title of Article 1] Case [#] – [title] Type Your Text Here. You can continue your article on the next page. You can also add images or figures that are formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s resource, Table, Images, and Appendices. [Insert Title of Article 2] Case [#] – [title] Type Your Text Here. You can continue your article on the next page. You can also add images or figures that are formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s resource, Table, Images, and Appendices. References 2