A hard-working, intelligent nurse manager/leader who has current knowledge of the principles of leadership and management. . The incumbent has the opportunity to create a new health care unit or organization. This new unit or organization can be a new nursing unit in a large urban hospital, a community health facility, a remote rural health clinic, or another type of health care organization where nurses are employed.
The board expects a written submission of approximately 5-6 typed double-spaced pages, excluding title and reference pages, at the completion of this project. The final submission should include references to current literature on nursing management and leadership. References must be in APA format (current edition).
Sections to Include in Your Project
- Determine the type of unit or organization you are developing. Give your organization a name. Describe the mission statement and values of your organization.
- Draw an organizational chart for your organization including yourself (the head person) in the chart.
- Describe yourself at the head of your unit or organization � will you be a leader or manager? What attributes or characteristics will you have or seek to develop? How will you go about developing them?
- Describe five strategies you will use to empower staff members.
- Describe one team that will function in your organization � include a description of your rationale for forming this team and describe how you will ensure the group will function effectively.
- On the first day your new unit opens you come across two nurses having a heated debate in the hallway related to how supplies are ordered for the unit. Describe how you would handle this situation.