Students are required to submit a research paper covering at least three (3) project management topics covered in the class. The intent of this paper is for students to delve deeper into a particular topic, analyze and synthesize the material in a concise manner, and demonstrate critical thinking. The student will identify a Fortune 500 company of their choice, conduct the necessary research, and critically analyze the extent to which that company has adopted good project management concepts, principles, and practices. Students must indicate the ways improvement in their project management practices can be improved based on the topic areas studied in class and your personal research.
The following are suggested Project Management Topics area for the Individual Paper:
- DMAIC Project Management
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- Waterfall Project Management
- Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM)
- Capability Maturity Model
- Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)
- Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- New Product Development
- The paper is to follow APA rules and guidelines.
- You must have at least 4 academic sources/references, maximum two of which can be the course textbooks; the remaining must be peer reviewed articles.
- The paper is to be 2500 (+/- 10%) words in length.