Course: Operations Management
Critical Thinking 3-PAGES APA paper
Critical ThinkingAnalytical writing (using support material, paraphrasing, no plagiarism, APA)Highlights for Chapter 1 include the following:
- Operations as one of the three main functional concerns of most organizations.
- The role and job of the operations manager as a planner and decision-maker.
- Different ways of classifying (and understanding) production systems.
- System design versus system operation.
- Major characteristics of production systems.
- Contemporary issues in operations management.
- Operations as essentially managerial (planning, staffing, etc.)
- The historical evolution of production/operations management.
- Manufacturing operations versus service operations.
- The need to manage the supply chain.
In Chapter 2 Students will relate to the fact that companies must be productive to be competitive and that to be competitive they must have some well thought out approach, plan, or strategy on how to achieve this position. In other words, students will be able to understand why it is important to learn what productivity really is, how we measure it, what factors affect it, and how firms can improve their productivity. Students will become aware that business firms compete with each other in a variety of ways and will study the key competitive factors, which are of primary concern in today’s global business environment. Finally, the students will focus on operations strategy with special attention being given to some of the newer strategies based on quality, time, and lean production systems.
Write three pages-APA paper on the above topics (Chapter one and Chapter two) and make sure you are follow APA rules and guidelines. You should have a minimum of at least three different in-text citations and three different references. There are no direct quotes allowed in this class, make sure you paraphrase your work.